Friday, July 13, 2007

When portion control meets the race against the rot

Tonight, for dinner, I had three large salads. That is, I had the same type of large salad three times. I just had too many greens to finish, and the farmers' market is tomorrow morning, again, already! I think it was still decently healthy because I used apple cider vinegar for "dressing" (which is what I usually use), and kept the scattering of almonds and shavings of reduced-fat cheddar to a minimum.

I hope this isn't rationalization. I hope that eating three servings of mixed salad greens is actually a good thing.

As expected, I haven't noticed any difference in my waistline. But, I remind myself, that wasn't supposed to be the point.

My friend N. left me a bar-cookie or cake-like sweet thing she'd baked, when she left the GF beer bread. I think it will go nicely with a glass of milk, as a bedtime snack.



(I'm trying not to eat dessert every night, but I feel like separating it from dinner is a good move, somehow, so I've been sticking to something small, if anything, at the very end of the evening.)

No comments: